- Market Education, Public Sector
- Industry K12
- Size 94,000
- Location Lake Mills, WI
- Product Solutions Furniture
- Services Installation + Labor, Procurement, Product Specification, Project Management, Standards Program
- Case Study Download Now
Henricksen was invited to be a contract furniture provider for Lake Mills Area School District. To earn this commission, Henricksen spent time with the project design team from Eppstein Uhren Architects (EUA) and school district representatives to ensure that they were comfortable with our capabilities, dedication to all stakeholders, and willingness to pursue furniture solutions that were unique to the project and complementary to the district’s mission.
The new facility provides nearly all mobile furniture to augment a practical, sustainable solution that can grow and change with the teacher and student needs. Students are empowered to move pieces on their own, share spaces, and work in a manner that suits the task at hand.
Classrooms use mobile organic shaped tables for ease of reconfiguration and provide the ability to set up a classroom in different ways for different types of instruction. The height adjustable tables are used throughout the building to adapt to students of different sizes and grades. The design continuity also helps with inventory management and maintenance.
Learning happens everywhere in the elementary school. Furnished spaces in hallways and corners allow for small groups of students to continue discussions and learning outside the classrooms.
Awards + Certifications
- USGBC LEED® Platinum Certification + The Center for Green Schools: LEED v4 Pilot Project
- US Department of Education: 2015 Green Ribbon Schools Award
- Learning by Design: 2015 Outstanding Project
- Engineering News Record: 2015 Best Projects
- USGBC Wisconsin: Se2 Award of Excellence
- ASID Wisconsin: 2015 Silver Award (Educational Catagory)