- Location New York, NY
- Job Type Full-Time
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Henricksen has an opening for a talented Designer to join our contract furniture dealership design team in New York. The Designer reports to the Director of Design and will work closely with Account Executives, Project Managers, and Customer Support to design and specify exceptional product solutions for our clients. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates must submit a copy of their resume to email@example.com.
- Provide design services to Sales and Project Managers including programming, space planning, typical development, finish selection, working/installation drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with the team to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, and all applicable codes.
- Commit to creating high-quality project deliverables and a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Creatively solve design problems and provide design consultation with both the project team and the client.
- Proactive in understanding the project scope, timelines, details, and programming.
- Maintain detailed project documentation including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from project meetings.
- Communicate effectively and collaborates with internal project team.
- Effectively self-manages workload, deliverables, and deadlines as well as the quality of design work and specifications.
- Stay current on product updates, discontinuations, trends and new releases, technology, industry events, and market needs.
- Share “lessons learned” to enhance knowledge amongst Henricksen’s teams.
Design Process Responsibilities
- Review Design Service Request (DSR); acknowledge receipt and deadline.
- Participate in client meetings and internal team meetings throughout the life of the project.
- Participate in mock-up review with client and project team.
- Engage in projects by participating in internal kick-off meetings as well as tracking design tasks and progress in team and department documents and spreadsheets.
- Develop block and space plans; gains customer approvals.
- Develop finished working drawings for specifications and installation; validate plans against construction, electrical engineering, and A+D drawings; validate compliance to building and ADA codes.
- Lay out electrical/data locations for specified product.
- Create 3D drawings, elevation, and renderings that illustrate the potential of the design to help sell the proposed furniture to the client.
- Create finish sheets to provide a visual representation to the project team and client to confirm design development.
- Develop product specifications in drawing and worksheet; plan check specifications against plans; prepare specifications order-entry ready.
- Prepare client ready design documentation and organizes deliverables in a clear and presentable manner.
- Manage changes and revisions and organize drawing files accordingly.
- Conduct field measures and punch-list review with field project managers or project managers when applicable.
- Collaborate with ancillary specifiers to develop cohesive furniture package and provide design consultation on finishes, form, function, and style.
- Actively track and log design hours for the life of the project.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College degree in interior design, architecture or related field from a FIDER/CIDA accredited program
- 2-5 years of working interior design and/or furniture dealership experience.
- Proficient in CET Configura, AutoCAD, CAP 20-20, and Sketch-Up.
- Contract furniture/industry knowledge with experience in the specification and layout of systems furniture.
- Knowledge of contract furniture products including systems, filing, casegoods, and seating.
- Understanding of contract furniture processes, facility needs, including order preparation, project management, order management, and delivery/installation.
- Understanding of workplace environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, teaming, planing and specifying Systems furniture, etc.)
- Working knowledge of contract furniture, building codes, ADA regulations, Electrical Code, etc.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills as well as organizational, problem-solving and attention to details skills.
- Excellent time management skills, passion for details, and the ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
Henricksen is a full-service contract furniture dealership specializing in office, healthcare, education, government, senior living, and hospitality spaces. In 1962, Henricksen opened its doors as a small, family-run dealership near Chicago. Today, Henricksen is a leading national dealership with seven offices, 245 full-time employees, and annual sales topping $245 million. With 200+ manufacturer partnerships, Henricksen offers an array of products from systems furniture, casegoods, seating, lounge, and conference furnishings to architectural solutions including modular walls, flooring, lighting, sound masking, and technology equipment. Henricksen is one of the largest privately-owned dealer partners of HNI in the United States. HNI’s furniture brands include Allsteel, HBF, The HON Company, and Gunlocke.